Night guards are custom dental appliances that our dentists may recommend to protect your teeth from the dangers of bruxism, or night-time teeth grinding. For your convenience, Morgan & Associates provides two types of night guards:
- Soft bite guards
- NTI-tss guards
Many people who grind and clench their teeth at night are unaware of the condition due to the fact that it happens while they are asleep. Commons signs of nighttime bruxism include:
- Chronic jaw, facial and ear pain
- A tired or tight feeling in the jaw when waking
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, including chipped, flattened, cracked or very worn teeth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Worn tooth enamel that exposes the inner layers of the tooth
NTI-tss guards and soft bite guards are custom created to fit your teeth perfectly. NTI-tss guards can even be used to prevent headaches, migraines and other problems related to TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders. These mouth guards work by preventing your teeth from touching, ensuring that no tooth damage occurs.
If you are interested in learning more about night guards in Phoenix, Arizona, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ronald Morgan and Dr. Jamie Sanders, we invite you to call us at 623-846-7564 or visit our office today. A healthy and happy smile is just a phone call away!