Dental crowns are commonly referred to as dental caps because they completely encase imperfect teeth. Designed to look, feel and function like a natural tooth, a dental crown can give you the beautiful and healthy smile that you deserve. Our dentists may recommend a custom dental crown for many reasons, including to:
- Restore, strengthen and protect a cracked or fractured tooth
- Complete a dental implant
- Protect a tooth that has received root canal therapy
- Repair a significantly decayed tooth
- Improve the appearance of your smile
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Improve a misshapen tooth
- Support a tooth with a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
In most cases, your custom dental crown will be created and placed in just two visits to Morgan & Associates. During the first visit, we will prepare your tooth to receive a crown and take an impression. A temporary crown will be placed to protect your tooth until the permanent crown is completed. At the second appointment, our dentists will check that the crown fits and bond it into place to finish restoring your tooth and smile. Often made of porcelain, our custom dental crowns are aesthetically pleasing additions to your smile.
We invite you to call us at 623-846-7564 or visit our office today to make an appointment with Dr. Ronald Morgan and Dr. Jamie Sanders and learn more about dental crowns in Phoenix, Arizona, and how restorative dentistry can improve your quality of life!